When you open SDM GUI, you will only be prompted with a password with no user required. This uses a default SDM user. You can reset default SDM user password with a command to do your other administrative tasks.
1. You need to redeploy J2EE SDM components but you cannot login to SDM
2. Error loging in to SDM
Solution: 1. Reset SDM password through sdm [-option] command
1. Open command prompt
2. Go to directory [drive]:/usr/sap/SID/[CI]/j2ee/SDM/
3. Enter command > Stopserver.bat
> This will stop any running SDM instance.
4. Enter command > sdm jstartup "mode=standalone"
> This will start SDM instance in standalone mode where changes in password is enabled.
5. Enter command > sdm changepassword "newpassword=[YOUR NEW PASSWORD HERE]"
> This will set your password to your choice
6. Enter command > sdm jstartup "mode=integrated"
> This will allow integrated activities in SDM
7. Enter command > Startserver.bat
> This will allow you to start SDM GUI server. In experience, you will see error upon starting RemoteGUI.bat if you do not do this.
8. In [drive]:/usr/sap/SID/[CI]/j2ee/SDM/ folder. Open RemoteGUI to Open SDM GUI.
8. Test your new password.
This is part 1 of BB note 004. Hope this helps.